The SPC Experience
It’s easy to go through the day without noticing the little things. Tasks and processes can become mundane and your interactions with people are predictable and repeated.
Occasionally, though, you run into something that stops you in your tracks, snaps you to attention, and turns your inward focus outward. It’s great customer service. Because you rarely expect it, it’s always a pleasant surprise. It may have been a while, but you know what it is. The store attendant with a great personality, the follow up email acknowledging your conversation, and the phone call checking to see if you’re happy with your order are usually unexpected, but always appreciated.
The online shoe retailer, Zappos, built their business by foregoing marketing and focusing 100% on providing a fantastic shopping experience with a laser focus on customer service. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in their inventory, they’ll tell you which of their competitors has the product. And when you choose five day shipping, they’ll often surprise you with delivery in two days. Customer service reps go through an extensive training process that leaves a small percentage of them volunteering to leave their jobs because the commitment to an exceptional customer experience is more than they can handle.
Great customer service means different things to different people. However, most agree that honesty, consistency, availability, friendliness, a positive attitude, being human, and a commitment to customer satisfaction are cornerstones. They also agree that while select individuals possess the innate ability to provide exceptional customer service, management drives organization-wide adherence to the commitment. Company culture is always a reflection of owners and senior management, and a culture of providing great customer service is no exception.
Printing, like many industries, is often viewed as a commodity with little variation between companies and all them able to provide the same products and quality. At SPC, we work hard to distinguish ourselves from competitors two ways: through our unwavering commitment to producing the highest quality print products and by providing a great customer experience. Here’s how we do it:
- We make it easy to do business with us.
- Everyone in the value chain contributes to product quality and the customer experience, including the press operator, proof preparer, supervisor, and project manager.
- We avoid problems by thinking proactively and anticipating issues.
- We offer flexible scheduling and quick turnaround.
- Our packaging and shipping is exemplary, really.
- We surprise designers and collaborators with project samples.
- Duplicate sets of proofs enable all parties in the value chain to assess project quality and adherence to specifications.
- Comprehensive assessment and quoting of mail projects includes dummies, mail processing, and postage rates.
- Follow up to proofs, projects, and deliveries by project managers
Every company needs to differentiate themselves from the competition in some way. For SPC, our commitment to high quality print and customer service is the differentiator. We consistently receive great feedback from customers on the level of service we provide, and that’s the barometer that will determine our success in delivering value and making it easy to do business with us.
LOOKING FOR A QUOTE?
Have a print project you’d like us to quote on? Please give us a call at 800-437-9244 or email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to discuss your project.